Uganda – what should I pack?
As a general guide, comfortable, casual wash and wear clothes are recommended. Please note that muted colours are recommended for game-viewing. Game-drives are conducted in the early morning and late afternoon, which can be very cold, especially in winter.
The most practical items to pack for safari are:
- Khaki, green, beige and neutral colours (dark blue and black clothing should be avoided, as it attracts Tsetse flies)
- Shirts with long sleeves (even in summer, as protection from the sun, mosquitoes and Tsetse flies)
- Jeans or safari trousers for evenings and cooler days
- A jacket and sweater are recommended for early morning and evening game drives
- Lightweight water-proof jacket
- Sturdy trousers
- Rain hat
- Swim and beachwear while at camp
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Strong waterproof walking boots (comfortable for going upsteep hills). Pants should be tucked into socks and boots while trekking.
- Sun block, sunglasses, hat, moisturizer and lip-salve are all essentials
- Strong insect repellent
- Binoculars and camera equipment
- Small backpack to carry water and a packed lunch
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Explore our other destinations or speak with our tour specialists for some expert advice on suitable tour combinations.